Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

In An ABC World - It's Now Up To C






Yes, I'm blogging the alphabet this month.  Today it's the letter C.  Is this where Grover crops up with his shaggy head and says...  "I've Got Nothing."


Okay, I'm on my own.  Here goes...

C for craft sale.  I've attended a few this year as a vendor and I'm lining up for number three.  It's an
interesting mix of crafts and me in the middle with my books.  This time it's a bake sale but the organizers are excited to include me and I'm thrilled to be there.  More on the craft sale as that time approaches.

There's a lot of ways to meet readers and some of them are just a little more unique than others.

What's the most intriguing way you've discovered a new author?

Me - well my discovery was on a street corner in Scottsdale, Arizona where there was an entire table of books with the author manning the whole affair.  Turns out that not only were we both authors, but he also had a friend who'd just made a movie in Saskatchewan.  What are the odds?  Even without the Saskatchewan connection,  his books are now on my "to be read" list. 

Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com

4 comments:

Bonnie Gwyn said...

I've thought of many ways to get myself out there, but never a craft fair! Brilliance. :) My favorite is writer's conferences.
Returning your visit for the A-Z! Good luck! :)
http://bonniegwyn.blogspot.com/

Grammy Staffy said...

Dear Ryshia,
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I wish I had had your picture of the great wall of China to use in my post today. Your pic is beautiful.
Congrats on being a published author. I have a friend, Madeline Baker, who has 2 books published a year. For a while she was under contract to do 3 a year but now she does 2. I am so impressed with writers. I could never do what you do. Good for you.
I like a good mystery. I like the PG13 versions not the R rated ones. This Grammy doesn't like reading vulgar language ( I heard enough of that teaching high school for 22 years.) or explicit details sex scenes. (I like those details left to the imagination, not spelled out) Do your books fall into the PG13 category? If so, I would love to get one.

Shilpa Garg said...

Craft fair seems like a cool idea!
Love the way you met a new author! :)
Hope you are having a great time reading, writing and connecting with fellow A to Zers, Ryshia :)

Shilpa Garg
Co-Host AJ's wHooligan for the A to Z Challenge 2014

Ryshia Kennie said...

Shilpa - I'm running to keep up beginning with my OMG I forgot start but now that I'm going I'm loving it. Great blogs out there.
Grammy Staffy - The real wall is much more beautiful and amazing than that picture.
My stories do not have raunchy sex or a lot of vulgar language. There is the occasional character - bad guys mostly who will curse and as far as explicit sex scenes - any loving that my characters do is, my readers tell me, discrete. So I think that's PG13. I'd love to hear what you think should you read one of them. From the Dust is definitely PG13
Bonnie - Thanks Bonnie. Craft sales are a lot of fun. Sometimes hard to pick which are the most cost effective but a great chance to talk about your books.