Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Q is for Quiet Spaces

It interests me, the people who can write in coffee shops and train stations and airports and other such public places.  I can glean ideas from these places, jot down observations, take those kinds of notes that will eventually become a story but to be able to write fiction in such a place.  Never. 

The most noise I want to hear while writing, is sometimes only the dog snoring, as he is this afternoon, to my left.  Sometimes I'm a little more open to distraction and I'll have music playing - classical with no voice to distract.  And sometimes I go for the gusto and it's music with lyrics combined with the dog snores from - you guessed it, the left hand corner.  It all depends on my
mood, how much noise I can tolerate. 

Today, it's one of those dull days.  You know the kind, a day when even the weather is dull.  It feels like Sunday, which is the slow day of the week, when in actuality it's Saturday.  It's a good day to get some work done amidst the quiet.  Even the television cooperated with offering curling as a distraction to writing - not. 

Are you one of those writers that finds their best work in a public place?  Or do you seek quiet and solitude to get your best writing done?

Ryshia
www.ryshiakennie.com
Ryshia on Facebook

3 comments:

Julia said...

I think I get more done writing at home, and sometimes with music.

Unknown said...

I need a hum in the background. Nice to meet and connect through atozchallenge. http://aimingforapublishingdeal.blogspot.co.uk/

Ryshia Kennie said...

Hi Julia and Charlotte - thanks for stopping by. Sounds like we might all agree, if you call a hum music, on sometimes music in the background.